Our History

St. Martin’s started as a group of gathered believers led by the Holy Spirit to start a church in the Sharpstown area of Houston.  The first members worshiped at Earthman Funeral Chapel and then in a member’s home. St. Martin’s was established in 1957 and we relocated to the current Sugar Land location in 2004  As the only ELCA congregation in Sugar Land we feel passionate about sharing the Good News of God’s generous welcome to all people, inviting them into a way of life that involves worship, learning, service and community.